So, first thing Dave said to me this morniong was, "So, how do you feel about the estate sale?"
I said "What estate sale?"
He said, "The one we are going to have to have to get rid of all our old stuff if we buy this house."
This evening at about 7:10, our realtor, Lori, called to say, "They accepted your offer! You got the house!"
Nuh uh. Whoa. Wow. What were we thinking this morning when we made the offer? Oh, boy.
This afternoon when I got home here at the old house, I thought it was just so cozy and adorable...what are we thinking? What will we do in a spare, undivided modern space with gray concrete everywhere?
At dinner, out celebrating late, Dave asked me to narrate a typical work day in the new place. Then he did the same. And suddenly, it seems like this adventure in the EcoShack is ON. I see myself wandering around the planters in the morning and checking in on and feeding the chickens...(will our 4 chicks get to join us on the adventure??) Dave saw himself getting the paper, maybe stopping to sit and read it in the ground floor room office/bedroom and walking to the shuttle at PCC Cascade.
While we are thinking a lot about the house, in fact, we don't really even own a piece of furniture together as of now...and here we are buying a pricey EcoShack together....omg. SAH
No comments:
Post a Comment