Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Opening the Door

I opened the front door today.  And the back door.  And every closet and cupboard door.  I joined the inspector as he rummaged around and looked at everything today, trying to discover concerns, problems, issues.

But really, he didn't.  But he was also deeply out-classed by the funky specialized systems in the home...in fact, Lori and I had to look for specialty vendors and engineers so we can really have all the systems reviewed.  So, the good news is, minor concerns, mostly related to exterior maintenance of plywood accent surfaces being weathered or a little peeling paint.  Fortunately, there's a 54 page Guide to Maintenance that comes with the home that listed all the vendors and maintenance required for each of the green systems.  We were amazed and SO pleased.  It was also great to discover in that book that the seller was the original buyer of the place by reading an article from the Oregonian's Home section.

Felt great to have over an hour to wander around, feel the place, see kids out on the playground at Humbolt, look at the planted beds and see strawberry plants.  Must ask if I can plant sunflower seeds and other stuff before we move in in June...

Started to feel dog allergy before leaving--a-CHOO--must get ducts cleaned and house and carpets professionally cleaned before moving in!   SAH

No comments:

Post a Comment